Coronavirus Update–Saturday 5/30/20
As New York City prepares to enter Phase 1 of reopening next week, here are details for the Mid-Hudson Region.
“It’s a day where we see how far we’ve come in so many ways, and a day we see how far we need to go.”
• Five regions of upstate New York entered in Phase 2 of reopening yesterday, Friday.
• Two more regions are set to enter Phase 2 next week, The Capital Region and the Western Region.
• NY state to step up testing with one additional site per zip code.
• 10 “hot spots” in New York City are identified with the highest number of hospitalizations in the state.
• Governor Cuomo signed a bill today that gives death benefits to families of public front-line workers who have died of COVID-19.
“The more we learn–the more effective we learn it [the mask] is.”
Nina Skowronski is the Managing Editor at Rivertown Magazine. She is a commercial photographer in the Hudson Valley, has written for a range of publications in wellness and lifestyle and is founder of Source Mind Body wellness journal.