Benny’s Bites: Grilled Baby Lamb
August 16, 2019
Recipe of the Month
Chulletitas de Cordero
(Grilled Baby Lamb Chops)
- 1 Baby Rack of Lamb (Preferably Domestic Lamb)
- 1 Bunch of Rosemary
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- White Wine
- Sherry Vinegar
- I prefer to use domestic Colorado baby lamb. Unfortunately it may not be available. A good substitute is New Zealand lamb but make sure it’s baby sized.
- Domestic U.S. lamb is less gamey. New Zealand lamb is a bit more gamey but if you use the smaller size you should be fine.
- Clean any excess fat off the lamb rack and cut into chops.
- Place chops into a bowl and add the following: 3 pinches of Kosher salt, 2 pinches of black pepper, 2 sprigs of Rosemary, 2 tablespoons of chopped garlic.
- Drizzle olive oil over the lamb chops and ingredients that have just been added. Add ½ cup of white wine into the bowl. Add two tablespoons of Sherry vinegar.
- Mix marinade ingredients in the bowl. Thoroughly cover and marinate in the refrigerator either for a few hours if needed for later cooking, or overnight for next day consumption.
- You can use either an iron skillet, frying pan or grill. Place your frying pan over a high flame, pour an amount of olive oil to evenly coat the bottom of the pan.
- Once the pan is hot enough and oil begins to sizzle, add your marinated lamb chops. Cooking time should be about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Once your lamb chops are cooked, remove from pan and add any extra marinade into the pan along with a splash or two of white wine.
- Let the leftover marinade cook for 20-30 seconds in the pan and pour over the lamb chops.
- For grilling, place lamb chops on your hot grill and cook 3-4 minutes each side. You can drizzle the leftover marinade on the lamb chops while they are on the grill.
- Final step, ENJOY.
Restauratuer Benny Castro wanted to create and share a unique dining experience in the beautiful Village Town of Piermont. Basque Tapas Bar and Restaurant boasts a richly varied selection of Tapas influenced from the northern regions of Spain from Galicia to Cataluña and the Basque country. You will also find authentic prepared Paellas, Wines, Sangrias and old Spanish classic favorites.